Meat Inspection and Added Value Services
Meat Inspection is the approved Inspection Agency for Ante and Post Mortem Meat Inspection in Vanuatu.
We have up to 8 Official Meat inspectors warranted under the Meat Industry Act Cap 213 to carry out meat inspection across 3 meat processing plants throughout Vanuatu We employ statistical methods to monitor our performance and are continually updating this through our national database.
Added Value Services
The Meat Inspection Services team can offer you market targeted inspection beyond the minimum requirements. We can provide training to your employees such as meat hygiene training, Quality Control, Pre-Operational hygiene check, and we can develop your Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) Our system captures all kill data, pathological recording, and disease risk management and SOP auditing. This information can meet your needs in achieving market access and operations efficiency, important to performing in the meat industry.
As consumers’ food safety awareness increases, so too does the demand for credible assessment of food quality and safety. We value our position as an independent, experienced, and value-adding service provider. You can be confident that our long standing reputation for meat inspection and commercial services can secure the market access, and customer satisfaction you need to operate a sustainable business. Vanuatu Meat inspection Service (VMIS) is committed to delivering best in country meat inspection service to the Vanuatu meat processing industry to ensure their product meets overseas market access requirements and ensuring safety for consumers in Vanuatu and across the globe. “Together we build and protect consumer confidence”
- Ante mortem & Post mortem Inspection Instruction
- Vanuatu Butchery Standard
- Vanuatu poultry Standard
- Vanuatu Abattoir Standard
- Pre – Operational standard forms
Fees & Charges
- Application fees for both Abattoir & Butchery – VT 36,000
- Abattoir annual fees – 150,000
- Poultry abattoir annual fees – 110,000
- Butchery annual fees – 70,000
- Bovine, Ovine and Swine Inspection fees 7vt per kilogram
- Poultry fees 3vt per kilogram
For further information, please contact following officers:
- Prinicipal Veterinary Officer Ian Peebles:
- Senior Veterinary Officer (South) Roger Philips:
- Senior Meat inspector (south) Philip Tari:
- Senior Meat inspector (North) Ms Fiona Malkon email address: