The Acts and Regulations below are the main Legislation that we deal with to ensure maximum compliance to provisions, regulations and procedures that govern the operations of the department of Biosecurity Vanuatu. The Plant Protection Act, the Animal Importation Act and Regulations and the Animal Disease (Control) Act provide provisions to strengthen border security to prevent entry of unwanted, invasive exotic pests and disease which may cause drastic effects on our Agricultural Industry. The Meat Industry Act and Regulations ensure that food safety is maintained throughout the process from processing to consumption and exports. The Kava Act ensures that all our exports of Kava products comply with the specified provisions in the Act.
- Animal Importation and Quarantine Act [CAP 201]
- Plant Protection Act [CAP 239]
- Meat Industry Act 1991 [CAP 213]
- Animal Disease (Control) Act [CAP 220]
- Pesticides (control) Act [CAP 226]
- Kava Act No. 7 of 2002
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act [CAP 78]